Corn Stocks

From: "Apis Bull Trading Activity Notices" <news@apisbull.com>
Subject: Corn Stocks
Date: September 11th 2020 7:24:06 a.m.

For those who would like to trade corn futures but are too nervous about trading futures may want to buy corn stocks. Yes. Did you know corn is traded on the NYSE as an ETF? Check out the chart. It even has options.

As attractive as it may be to trade commodities on the New York Stock Exchange I however would rather trade the futures contract as the futures are heavily leveraged. In stocks, if the price goes up $1 you make $1. But in the futures market for corn if it moves a penny you make 50 bucks.

Teucrium Corn Fund ETV (CORN) gained by $0.12 or 0.94% today to close at $12.84 per share its highestclosing price since March 31, 2020. The average corn futures price adjusted for CORN's updated holdingsgained by $0.0356 or 0.94% today to settle at $3.814 per bushel and just hit a new 6-month high of $3.823 per bushel in overnight trading. This past Tuesday, it surpassed its 200-day moving average of $3.776 per bushel.

CORN always remains diversified between three corn futures contracts and never owns any of the front month contract. Today was a roll date for CORN where it sold its December 2020 corn futures contractsabout one week prior to it becoming the new front month contract. CORN previously had 35% of its total assets in the December 2020 contractCORN purchased May 2021 corn futures contracts for the first time today - investing 30% of its total assetsCORN increased its March 2021 corn futures contract holdingstoday to 35% of its total assets up from 30%CORN continues to have 35% of its total assets in the December 2021 corn futures contract.

I would love to see some of you play the commodity market. Stocks are fun, cryptos are fun but futures are life changing.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Be informed when new trading activity occurs for stocks, futures and cryptocurrencies.

Privacy Policy:

We don't sell or give out your information to anyone.